BLOG#4

1 What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?

This video does not allow students to interact with the video and focuses on protecting their privacy and information on the Internet. It also advises on how not to fill out random forms online.

2 In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g., make notes, do an activity, or think about the topic (learner-generated)?

After watching this video, students will definitely think about whether they have done something to give away their privacy in the past. And they will improve their sense of prevention, which is why I want them to watch this video.

3 What activity could you suggest that they do after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?

After watching the video, I will have the students discuss in small groups how we should prevent our privacy from being compromised in our future lives after watching this video. After the discussion, I will also want to conduct a questionnaire because then I will know if they have really learned something valuable.

4 How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?

I give them time in class to ask me relevant questions to answer them, and I also provide them with some feedback on the paper after I correct their questionnaires, telling them what is lacking.

5 How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile? Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?

All I had to do for this activity was to create a questionnaire and make sure that each of my students was actively participating in the group discussions. Since our classes were online, I would randomly divide them into groups and assign them to different ZOOM rooms, and I would go back and forth between the rooms during their discussions to ensure that each group was actively engaged.

1. stephanie

Hi,Sun! Your perspective is very innovative and contains a lot of ideas about privacy protection. With the advancement of technology, more and more students are losing their privacy and a lot of big university programs are not paying good attention to the privacy protection of students. Your point of view is very important and I think it will be an inspiration and a warning to all of us in our curriculum.

2. Anastassiya

Hi Zhenshang! Thank you for sharing that video on privacy online. It’s such an important topic, and I really appreciated the insights and information that you provided. It’s so crucial for us all to be aware of the risks and take steps to protect ourselves online. You may also want to think about some questions for students to think about while they are watching the video. Thought-provoking questions can enhance their engagement and encourage deeper thinking. It will also help them to be more prepared for the ZOOM discussion.